I am an experienced, flexible & dedicated User Interface Designer, UX Designer, Project Manager, Usability Analyst, CSS Developer & Web Standards Advocate. My favorite experience is seeing the look on a customer's face that says, "I get it," when using a great technology product.
Areas of Focus
- Wireframes & Interactive Prototypes
- Presentation design & delivery
- Project Management & Software Implementation
- Lean UX (Agile/Scrum, Kanban)
- Usability Testing & User Research - Certified Usability Analyst (HFI)
- User Interface Design & Interaction Design
- Web Accessibility (Section 508 & W3C)
- Handcrafted standards compliant HTML & CSS, including HTML5 & CSS3
- Global Research Center at GE (Bay Area TechWorkers), 2013 – Present
- Permanente Medical Group (DISYS), 2011 – 2012
- Self Employed Consultant (Valley View Wine Sales, PE Americas, Cloudshare), 2010 – Present
- ICW Inc., 2008 – 2009
- Lumetra, 2003 – 2007
- NetSchools (Plato Learning), 2001 – 2002
- Work.com (Excite@Home, Dow Jones), 2000 – 2001
- Adept Technology, 1999 – 2000
- Cytopia Software, 1995 – 2000
- Adobe Systems, 1991 – 1995
- Consulting & Contracts (Quantcast, Chevron, Broadlane, Oakland City Attorney, Robert Half International, FastFactory, Adept Technology, Macromedia, Adobe Systems), 1995 – 2008
GE Global Research
Title: Lead User Experience Designer Roles: User Interface Designer, Usability Analyst, User Experience Designer
- Designing Web Applications for four GE Businesses
- Helping define the Industrial Internet
- Creating a Lean UX practice.
- Working with development teams to support implementation
- Conducting user research & usability testing.
Permanente Medical Group
Title: Senior User Experience Designer Roles: User Interface Designer, Usability Analyst, User Experience Designer
- Designed Web applications for My Doctor Online
- Created low-fidelity wireframes
- Created hi-fidelity interactive prototypes
- Worked with development teams to support implementation
- Conducted user research & usability testing.
Title: User Experience Designer Roles: User Interface Designer, User Experience Designer, User Researcher
- Created low-fidelity & hi-fidelity wireframes for ecommerce & administrative workflows for Cloudshare’s signature product.
- Created personas
- Conducted user research
- Developed workflow diagrams
- Created Agile User Stories
Title: User Experience Designer Roles: User Interface Designer, User Researcher
- Created conceptual design for Web based bill of materials (BOM) sustainability report generator.
- Created conceptual design for Web based manufacturer sustainability catalog.
- Developed wireframes & HTML/CSS/jQuery prototypes for two sustainability management Web applications.
Title: User Interface Designer/Usability Analyst Roles: User Interface Designer, XHMTL-CSS Developer, Web Designer & Usability Analyst
- Co-authored technical paper about best practices using Web portal applications in a healthcare environment.
- Designed interactive prototypes using the Liferay Open Source portal, HTML, CSS & jQuery.
- Designed Web based presentations for trade shows.
- Developed personas, wireframes, prototypes & performed usability tests for three healthcare Web applications concepts.
- Presented Web application designs to 17 customers in support of ICW sales staff.
- Presented Web application designs to ICW executive management & technical architects.
Title: Webmaster Roles: Webmaster, Web Designer, Project Manager & Usability Analyst
- Demonstrated Web applications for Lumetra Executive Management & CMS (Medicare) Officials.
- Designed Content Management System (CMS) based on Extron CMS 400.
- Developed personas, wireframes, prototypes & performed usability tests for five internal & external Web applications.
- Managed & administered internal collaboration platform.
- Managed three complete Web site redesign projects.
- Trained editorial staff in CMS usage.
- Trained medical & professional staff in usage of internal & external Web applications.
- W3C Web Standards & Section 508 Accessibility advocate.
- XHMTL & CSS development.
Netschools Corporaton/Plato Learning
Title: Webmaster/Project Manager Roles: Web Designer, Web Developer, Project Manager & Usability Analyst
- Designed & implemented Interwoven Teamsite Content Management System (CMS).
- Trained editorial staff in CMS usage.
- Usability testing for Netschools Orion K-12 Web based assessment system.
Title: Webmaster Roles: Intranet Webmaster, Web Designer, Web Developer & Server Administrator
- Designed & built internal Web applications for job ticketing & bug tracking using Macromedia Dreamweaver, ASP & Microsoft SQL Server.
- Designed & built nationwide corporate Intranet supporting all Work.com employees.
Title: Manager, Electronic Marketing Systems Roles: Webmaster, Web Designer, User Interface Designer, Project Manager & Consultant
- Consulted for Adept funded robotics exchange startup Fast Factory.
- Created use case & workflows for Fast Factory Web based automation design system.
- Built wireframes, HTML prototypes & Web designs for Fast Factory.
- Project Manager & implementer for Adept customer relationship management (CRM) based on Pivot Relationship.
- Redesigned two Adept Web sites & Adept subsidiary SILMA Software Web site.
- Trained Adept’s national sales staff.
Cytopia Software Incorporated
Title: Owner/Founder Roles: User Interface Designer, Usability Analyst & Product Manager
- Designed five commercial software products.
- Designed, built & managed Cytopia.com, Cytopia’s corporate Web site.
- Negotiated bundle agreements with Corel Corporation & Macromedia. Cytopia Software was bundled & distributed with hundreds of thousands of copies of Corel Draw & Macromedia Fireworks.
- Presented & demonstrated Cytopia products to more than 50 User Groups & Industry Conferences.
- Developed press release & software documentation for five Cytopia products.
- Consulted on custom software projects for many top Silicon Valley software companies, including: Adobe, Macromedia, Fuji-Xerox, Pixera & Minolta.
Title: Senior Product Specialist Roles: Senior Technical Support Specialist, User Researcher, QA Tester, Product Team Member, Trainer, User Group & Conference Presenter
- Beta tester & consultant through Adobe Illustrator 10.
- Demonstrated Adobe products at more than 36 user group meeting, industry conferences & trade shows.
- Directly managed beta programs for Adobe Illustrator 5-6 & Adobe Dimensions 1-3.
- Liaison to product marketing & engineering teams.
- Product team member for Adobe Illustrator 3-6 & Adobe Dimensions 1-3.
- Trained more than a dozen technical support representatives.
- Worked directly with engineering team to solve customer issues & test product features for Adobe Illustrator 3-6.
- Worked with many of the industry’s top artists, designers & illustrators.
Education, Training, Certification & Industry Conferences
- Adaptive Path UX Week, 2013
- Web 2.0 Technology Conference, 2011
- Voices That Matter Web Design Conference, 2010
- UIE Web App Masters Tour – presented by Jared Spool, 2010
- Human Factors International (HFI) PET Design Course (taught by HFI CEO Eric Schaffer), 2009
- An Event Apart, 2008
- Human Factors International – Certified Usability Analyst, 2006
- University of California, Santa Cruz – Certificate in Program & Project Management, 2001
- ACM – ACM is the Association for Computing Machinery, a society for information technology professionals with over 75,000 members worldwide.
- SIGCHI – SIGCHI is an ACM Special Interest Group on Human-Computer Interaction, with over 6,000 members worldwide.
- BayCHI – BayCHI is the largest local ACM SIGCHI chapter in the world, with 1,200 members.